Saturday, December 12, 2009

sweaters



Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to be, wear your sweater that's ugly! 



(Google Image)

Everyone has atleast one sweater that just sits in their closet and they are too afraid to pull it out for fear of getting made fun of by their friends or getting their picture taken while shopping at Walmart and having it posted on the web.  There are those who get the strength to take the sweater out of the closet but only to throw it in a plastic bag and give it away to the D.I. or Savers, and those are the people we like!



(Google Image)


Thursday evening, Chelsey and I attended a local "Sweater Party" at my friend Jackie's house.  When I got the invite, I made a special trip to Savers to get some dang awesome Christmas sweaters.  The store workers were kind enough to seperate the awesome, ugly sweaters from the fashionable ones so my job was easy.  I first got one for Chelsey:



That was easy enough.  Now it was time for me to get one for myself.  This was kind of difficult because: 1. I had to find one that would look uglier than Chelsey's, and 2. I was shopping in the women's section.  This is what I found:



How'd I do?


Overall, it was a successful party full of many rejected ugly sweaters! I sure can't wait till next year's ugly sweater party!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously it was fantastic!! Every time I think about those sweaters I giggle.. What a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did awesome. Can I wear your sweater to church tomorrow? Please? Maybe I could wait and wear it next week when we sing in the choir, that way EVERYONE at church will see it..unless that was your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me guess - you found it in the same dumpster as the donuts??

    ReplyDelete

Followers