Sunday, November 22, 2009

Splendid Sunday

Today has been an eventful day. This morning I was given the privilege to speak with the Stake High Councilman in my old ward.  For some reason, I'm always nervous when I give talks, even though I've done it a million times.  When I get up to give my talk, my mind goes wild and I vomit words in a cluttered mess then try cleaning it up before I end.  I also get sick of hearing my voice so I end it early.  The bad thing about doing that is I have to listen to the High Councilman for a longer period of time, but that's not the worst part.  I'm on the stand so I can't sleep during his talk, well, atleast I'm not suppose to.  I'm not the only one that caught my head bobbing and my eyes rolling.  I noticed many people staring at me with little smirks on their face.  I know it was my old ward, and a lot of people recognized me, and the proper thing for me to do would be to say hi and be polite, but when the closing prayer was done I was gone.  It was an experience I'd like to forget.

To make things a bit better in my life, I went for a drive with Jacob after church.  On the way home, we decided to make a pit stop at an old time favorite hot spot.

Every weekend, the local Hostess store puts out some of their goods that will be expiring soon.  In an attempt to save on money, we help them clean out their dumpster by removing the delicious donuts.  We usually do this at night, but we couldn't wait that long!


We now have a large selection of desserts for tonight after dinner! 
Thanks Jake!!



4 comments:

  1. You guys are so gross! But, I'm more angry with Hostess - you don't just THROW AWAY donuts! That's disrespectful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your camera have a theft detection button?

    Jacob is the best at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I really thought you were kidding about this. But then I read it on your mom's blog. I dont know what to say. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers